(de) fda-ifa: Their wars, our dead! - Against terrorism and for freedom of all people!

a-infos-de at ainfos.ca a-infos-de at ainfos.ca
Tue Sep 6 11:36:05 CEST 2016

The federations of the International of Anarchist Federations (IAF) and the organisations
participating in the Tenth Congress of the IAF, Frankfurt (Germany), 4-7 August 2016,
stand against war. We stand against the terrorism which is used by states, with the help
of the police and the army. We stand against the violence applied by nationalist and/or
religious groups or by isolated acts from racist, homophobic, and/or fundamentalist
individuals. ---- We oppose the murderous activities of these governments, groups, or
individuals. ---- The media and states may use the word terrorism to condemn social
movements, but this is not how we understand it. What we oppose is the use of violence and
terror against civilians to create fear in the population and impose authority. This
terrorism goes hand in hand with the strengthening of state security and authoritarian
state policies.

In many countries a state of emergency has been declared, reinforcing the powers of the
police and army, which serves mostly to repress social opposition. Walls are built to
prevent the movement of people, detention camps are built, and governments, capitalists
and smugglers take the opportunity to get rich at the expense of migrants.

Terrorism by religious and/or nationalist groups and state terrorism feed each other. For
example, the arms deals by regional and world powers have skyrocketed since their
involvement in foreign wars. These interventionist policies help to maintain the terrorism
of religious and/or nationalist groups.

Meanwhile, capitalism continues its devastating work and those affected are always the
same: the people.

We live in an era of global terrorist threat, of generalised war, and reactionary politics
in which race, religion and terrorism are conflated. We fight to keep racism from
spreading. We support the migrants who seek the freedom to move and to settle down. We
stand in solidarity with those targeted on the ground of their ethnicity and beliefs.

That said, we stand by all those around the world who seek to shake off the influence of
religion in their lives, actions, and thoughts.

Our struggle for freedom is directed against state, capitalism, and religion.

IAF-IFA

https://fda-ifa.org/ihre-kriege-unsere-toten-gegen-terrorismus-und-fuer-die-freiheit-aller-menschen/